Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Introduction to Yoga

Yes, I am back.  Finally.  I didn't drop off the face of the earth.  I just sort of got... busy.  Very busy.

It was more than just that though.  Yes, there have certainly been 60-hr work weeks which pretty much consumed me.  But there have also been lulls and little recovery periods in between crazy weeks.  I'm in one of those down times now, which is part of the reason I'm back to blogging.  Still, I like to think that the main reason I'm here again is because I want to manage my time better.  Time management is a frightening concept for me.  It brings to mind school and homework and term papers and group projects.  Time management has always meant somehow increasing the number of hours in the day so that I'll have enough time to finish the million and one things that absolutely have to be done.  So maybe I shouldn't scare myself away by calling my new goal "time management."

Let's call it "balance" instead.  Yes, there are still things in my life that have to be done.  I have to go to work, pay my bills, wash my dishes, and keep my apartment from deteriorating into a pigsty.  Then there are the things I would like to do, like hang out with my friends, spruce up Apartment 1925, read books, blog, and just enjoy myself.  The problem is that I don't always make the "fun stuff" a priority.  Yes, it is undoubtably more important for me to have a roof over my head than to re-read my favorite book ever.  But, if it's possible without stretching myself too thin, why not do both?  Why not carve out a chunk of time for those moments of bliss?

Flickr
No, I'm not going to be able to do every hobby I've ever dreamed of and run a marathon a day, just for fun.  But if I pay more attention to how I spend my time, maybe I'll find that I do have more time for activities beyond work and sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment